Check also my Query & Publish agent analysis!
Here, I did an analysis of tweets from agents that specifically rejected queries due to length. For example,
Here’s the chart (click on it to see a larger version):
Of course, people disagree on word count all the time, and so do agents. Here are other blogs talking about it:
Featured image by Anastasia Zhenina.
- Writing a Book is Much More Than Just Writing a Book -
The stages of writing.
- More Than Words - Show vs. Tell: Overexplaining and hand-holding are not the words I want to hear from you.
- Don’t tell; show me the glint of light of my burning novel. - Show, don't tell is the number one rule of writing. Seriously, how often you do stuff without knowing the number one rule of it?
- Everyone’s a Critic - When classic novels get harsh reviews, and even fake writers are chastised, your book will definitely have more than its share of criticism. Or to be more formal, haters gonna hate.
- Verb, do you even lift? - Adverbs, the next twist on my ongoing backwards journey to learn to write after I wrote my adult science fiction book.
- Emotional Cheat Sheet - This emotional cheat sheet is based on the wheel chart, but it's longer, with no misspells or duplicates, and in an easier-to-read format.
- He thought; therefore, he was. - Writing can be tense and personal - or how I accidentally wrote a book in first person and present tense.